What has struck me about this is its parallel to what God has been teaching me about people and sin and His love. If you think about it, sin is like the swine flu - people who look and act spiritually healthy could be infected by it and completely die from it. It's a virus. It's a virus that needs to be vaccinated out of our lives. The vaccination - a perfect combination of God's love and His gentle but mightily moving Holy Spirit. It takes the knowledge that the amazing Creator loves us, sent His precious Son to die for us and has chosen us to spend an eternity in heaven with Him. We need Him. We need the Savior to overcome the virus of sin.
One of my favorite songs these days is "I'd Need A Savior" by Among the Thirsty. What a powerfully awesome song! It talks about how Jesus, the wonderful, counselor, almighty God and my friend, knew the loss and pain that sin would bring me through, and knew I would need the cross. He knew I'd need a Savior. How amazing is that? Before time began, God knew that I'd need a Savior, and He sent His beautiful Son to the earth, to experience pain and loss, so that I would know what it is like to hold onto hope, faith, peace and love through His Son. He knew before I was born what my pain and loss would be; He knew I'd need His Son, the Savior. Sent Him to this earth to suffer bondage so I can be free.
How easy it is to be infected by the virus of sin! Sometimes it is a slow, gradual decline, and other times it is like a big sink hole and I've stepped off the edge into its grips. My Abba Father, though, knew that I would be infected by sin, and in His loving mercy, sent me the Savior. He knew I'd need a Savior, and sent Him for me. If only I could love Him back with the reckless abandonment in which He loves me. That would be pure joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment