After working on the foundation preparation for my shed yesterday, I've decided that this would be the advertisement that I would put in the paper next time I thought that digging a 100 square foot space 4 inches deep would be an easy task.
WANTED: Strapping Man with muscles. Doesn't necessarily need to be good looking, but definitely needs to have muscles. Must love to work in the hot sun, even though it is not very hot outside. Must love dogs that get in your way when you are trying to throw 3 yards of dirt onto a tarp that probably weighs 1000 lbs. Must have endurance to lift and throw 1000 lbs. of sod and dirt. Must be good at measuring a perfectly square space on the ground and dig it accordingly. Must work for long hours with little reward except to see that the dirt is coming out of the space.
Now, if you know somebody like that, please feel free to tell them that there is plenty of work available at my house. Seriously. Tell them. Yesterday was very good exercise for me. That's how I'm going to look at it. Today, however, I know that I have two arms, a back and two legs. Not because I can see them, but because I can feel them. Did it get all done? Absolutely not. So, today, we (and I mean "we" today) will be digging 4 inches down in the soil to make sure that the space is level for the shed that is going to be built. If, however, you happen to see the man that would like to answer the above ad, it's not a pretty job, but it's a worthily appreciated job. I suppose that is one of the benefits of being married - the man gets to do the digging, right? Maybe that's in my big fantasy world of perfect marriage. Most likely, though, I would not marry a man that would be a digger. I'm more drawn to the intellectual, not so manual labor type, so I would probably be out in the soil doing this even if there were a man in my life. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should have just mentioned it....I have four that would have come and helped out!!!! You amaze me....this princess would have had to live without a shed.
Post a Comment