OK. Today's the day. The day that the people who might be offering me a new job are meeting. I'm a little freaked out. I really want this job. Remember that part of me that always wants to be in control. I'm really trying to let that go. Ha. Oxymoron words from a control freak! Let it go? What's that all about? OK - let's try it. I should know something by Monday. My prayer circle has been praying, so I'll keep you informed.
I work in the Department of Finance. Yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of giving an employee, who is not stellar, her annual performance review. When she failed the review, she was shocked. Really? You're shocked that you failed? Did you have no clue you wouldn't pass when you couldn't come in on time any day for the last 12 months!? How about when you called in "late" one day because your 5 lbs. little puppy knocked you down and ran out of the house and jumped on to the school bus...and it took you 35 minutes to trap a 5 lbs. dog on the bus only to get him into the house and his enormous tail (your words) swung the locked door closed, so you had to climb through the window so you could get to work? Did it not occur to you then that you might not pass your evaluation? Her response to all of this. "I don't really like doing financial work". Hello? Mc-Fly. We work for the Department of Finance. Did you think you would be knitting? Oh my. You don't like financial work. Could it be that you need to find yourself a different line of work instead of making up grandiose stories about why you are late every day? Somehow I just don't think that this occurs to her. And yet, I'm the bad person because I failed her on her review. How does that work again? Oh yeah, my issues are everybody else's fault. Now that's a concept that I actually can relate to because I'm sure I've used that in the past as well to explain my behavior. We'll see, however, if the behavior improves now that it's "on the table". In my experience, though, the answer to this will be - nope.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment