It's way too early for me to be blogging, but here I am. It's Friday, and today I wish that some Prince Charming would come in and sweep me off my feet and then I wouldn't have to work another day in my life. Okay - not really Prince Charming. I always found him to be somewhat of a mama's boy - with his long hair, pressed white outfit with armor - just like the rap song says, "He got it from his mama". I would rather have someone heroic - like Superman. Oh yeah. Remember that TV show Lois & Clark - some actor named Dean something played Superman. Now, that's what I'm talking about. I'm not so concerned about the getting married part, but I would love not to have to go to work again for a while. I'd like work to be an option for me. Sadly, it's Friday, and that's not really an option for me. (I really miss Mexico - where have all my cowboys gone??)
My job is pretty stressful, but I also work with some of the craziest people in the real world. I'm not even joking about that. There are some things that a supervisor should just never have to hear or say. Here are some examples (these are true examples by the way...). "Can you talk to Carmen? She smells really bad like pee." Okay, now I realize that I'm in charge of people, but seriously? Pee? You can't smell that on yourself? How about this one? "Sabrina, There's a dead Indian lady in the bathroom! I swear, she's really dead". This, of course, is followed up by a conversation with one of my employees that starts like this...."Pushpa, is your mother sleeping in the ladies room?". Again, questions and concerns that a supervisor should never have to hear or say. Really, though, my favorites are when they call in sick. Word to the masses - when you call in sick to your supervisor, we really don't care what it is you are sick with. We don't need to know that you were up all night long nursing whatever nasty bacteria has gotten ahold of you and tried to come out. Really. I just need to know this one thing - (1) Are you coming in today? That's all - nothing in detail. It's something in our human nature that we want other people to feel sorry for us, so we share the most disgusting details of our illnesses. What is that about? Coming from me, the germophobe....I really don't want to hear it.
Being a supervisor gives me such an opportunity to thank God for all of the different personalities that He has created. I, of course, say that tongue in cheek. I'm not always thankful for this. It does keep my life interesting, though. Between work and my family, I'm a regular real life sitcom. It's awesome. You should try it.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You make me laugh....I cracked up at this post. I read it to Matt and he laughed too. You funny girl, you! Did you change the names to protect the crazies? And....I agree...vacation forever! Guess we have to wait for heaven for that one. But I agree nonetheless!!
P.s. Welcome home from vacation and handsome servers!!
I actually used their real names. There is no protection in government work. Thanks for the comments.
I laughed out loud too. So funny!! Do you have to watch these people all the time?
If I were you I'd need a vacation too.
Post a Comment