I love to listen to CeCe Winans when I'm feeling like I need some alone time with God. Today, I need some alone time with God. My favorite CeCe song is called "Alone in His Presence". It's a tremendously moving song. She sings about the calmness and peace that can come from being alone in God's presence. The first verse speaks to me every time I hear it. "I'm safe and sound, serene and calm whenever I'm here, I know you're with me. My secret place where I escape from all the cares of this race because of your grace".
I think everyone needs a "secret place" that they can go to be alone with their thoughts and with God. My place isn't so secret but it's the place I go when I feel I need to be alone with God and feel some healing power. There is this beautiful park called Turning Point Park right off Lake Ave. not far from my house. Along the trail there is a place with large rocks right next to a waterfall. It's beautifully peaceful there. I go there whenever I need to get alone with God. I went there today. I needed to be alone with God today. As I sat by the waterfall and listened to the babbling brook, I thought about the healing power of God. I thought about His magnificent grace...the splendor of His love....It was just God and me. It's this place that I feel that I can let go of my fear, let go of my need to control my emotions and cry out to God in a way that I can't in other places. I know it sounds funny, but I know that you will understand when I say sometimes a girl has to cry. Sometimes a girl has to feel the depths of emotions that are built up inside and let the tears flow.
I'm not one to show my emotions very easily. I like to control even my emotions...Told you, I'm a control freak. When I'm alone in my secret place, my waterfalls, my Turning Point Park...one with nature, one with God...I let go of my need to control my emotions. I cry out to my Abba Father. He understands why I cry even if I can't name it. He understands that sometimes a girl's gotta cry.
Another part of this fantastic song is the part that CeCe sings "when I'm alone with you, my soul learns worship in spirit and in truth for the glory of your name". It's so true for me. When I'm alone with God, I can worship in spirit and in the truth of who I am - the raw emotional person that is deep inside. I know that God wants a real relationship with me. It's in that secret place that I feel most real with Him. Not that I'm a faker the other times, but it's a controlled reality. He wants me to let go. Not in the "let go, let God" mentality, but in the letting go of things that hold me back from being real in His presence.
Gotta love CeCe. She knows how to sing to bring out the emotional, raw, real girl in me so I can be alone in the presence of the King....for whom I am a Princess in the Kingdom. Awesome and yet so humbling....
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is so good to be alone with the Father who knows us better than anyone - we can be more real alone with Him than at any other time.
Alone time with God is such a special (and too rare) treasure - I got to be truly alone with Him last weekend and have enjoyed my snippets here and there throughout this week.
I'm so glad that someone else could put into words the same thing I was experiencing. You've always been good with words!
Thanks!
Nice post Sabrina.
I totally understand about the needing to cry thing. I do it too.
I am truly thankful that God, who knows my heart at all times, is ok with the real me. In fact, He loves it.
What an awesome miracle.
I TOTALLY understand the "sometimes a girls gotta cry" thing. I have that CeCe Winans cd you're referring to, and that song is awesome...and I appreciate the way you so openly put your feelings into words. It's so hard to do sometimes, isn't it? Thank you (again) for being so real.
Post a Comment